What?

My original complaint is here.


Thursday, April 19, 2007

My angry reply

From: duncan@example.com
Subject: Re: Complaint - Order confirmation #296055
Date: 19 April 2007 23:56:39 BDT
To: becky@papillon.com

Dear Ms Wirth

I would be a lot less angry than I am now if you had even bothered to read my original email. How seriously can you be taking this? To quote my first complaint verbatim:

> After checking-in I asked for receipt - girl printed it and
> disappeared out the back. Receipt said $992. Then spent 10 minutes
> at desk trying to find girl to confirm actual price. She had
> disappeared. Another woman finally took over and said total price
> $634.
>
> I query - say agreed $584 over phone. Am not happy - first you
> welch on a confirmed web booking and now you welch on agreed price.
> Am told Joanne made mistake - didn't include surcharge. I say she
> confirmed included surcharge - show notes - insist you honour
> price. Woman says please go watch safety brief, get me out of
> queue, will talk after. After brief says no dice - total price is
> $634.
>
> Now I've a wife, 2 children and 2 friends ready to board - I can
> hardly back out now. So we go ahead.

In the check-in queue, after weighing my children and my guests, after they had been through the safety brief - only then did I discover that you were not honouring our agreement. What would you do? The less you show any sign of remorse and continue this appalling treatment the more I am forced to the conclusion that this is deliberate bait and switch.

As you may have noticed by the amount of time I have spent over such a paltry sum, not being swindled is a matter of principle with me. So in preparation I have:

1. Received the dispute form from my credit card company

2. Just registered papillonsucks.com

I also plan to:

3. Post these emails to papillonsucks.com, set up a forum for other victims to air their complaints, and offer the community the chance to help me pursue my grievance by voting at reddit and digg.

4. Post these emails with your other bad publicity at http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45963- d553004-Reviews-Papillon_Grand_Canyon_Helicopters-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

5. Submit the Arizona Attorney General Consumer Complaint Form at http://www.azag.gov/consumer/complaintformintro.html

6. Address my complaint to each of the associations listed on your website at http://www.papillon.com/popris/show_article.aspx?article_id=16

I do not wish to be vindictive, but you are leaving me no reason not to be. Your continued refusal to take this matter seriously is making me more frustrated and angry than I was at the beginning, and believe me I was pissed off then. We are getting to the point where I have nothing to loose, and the only way I can think of salvaging something from the situation is to take out my frustration in practical action.

So, stepping back from the brink, can we be reasonable? You have until Monday evening my time to confirm that you have refunded your overcharging in full. Should you wish to discuss the matter in the meantime I can be contacted on +44 7811 276953, GMT+1.

Yours sincerely

Duncan McGregor

No comments: