What?

My original complaint is here.


Thursday, April 5, 2007

Original complaint email

From: duncan@placeholder.com
Subject: Complaint - Order confirmation #296055
Date: 5 April 2007 18:05:14 BDT
To: Res@Papillon.com

So here's the story. Forgive me if its a little perfunctory, but I'm still angry and frankly don't want to use too much more of my life on this issue.

We travelled up to the South Rim from San Diego via Las Vegas. After seeing the sun set on Monday night I thought it would be cool to take a helicopter flight the next day. Went to your website, looked over the options, chose the Imperial Air Tour, checked availability - it said yes, so I booked for 4 adults and 2 children between 11 and 11:30 - total price $992. A lot of money, but a treat for my family and a thank-you to our friends who had paid for the whole trip so far.

Tuesday morning rang to confirm - got cut off. Rang again, explained I was confirming tour, put on hold, cut off. Rang again, explained, put on hold, and after 5 minutes ended back in the queue and finally talking to another person - Joanne.

Explained I was confirming tour details. 10 minutes later she had found details, but no Imperial Tour available. I said website confirmed availability, but she said no flights available, could do North Canyon tour at 11:55.

I asked for price, was told $584 - she'd give me advance booking rate as messed around. I asked if including surcharge and told yes. I checked with friends, confirmed figures and times with Joanne - read them back from the notes I was making, confirmed total amount including surcharge and said go ahead. Was told refund would be applied to card.

After checking-in I asked for receipt - girl printed it and disappeared out the back. Receipt said $992. Then spent 10 minutes at desk trying to find girl to confirm actual price. She had disappeared. Another woman finally took over and said total price $634.

I query - say agreed $584 over phone. Am not happy - first you welch on a confirmed web booking and now you welch on agreed price. Am told Joanne made mistake - didn't include surcharge. I say she confirmed included surcharge - show notes - insist you honour price. Woman says please go watch safety brief, get me out of queue, will talk after. After brief says no dice - total price is $634.

Now I've a wife, 2 children and 2 friends ready to board - I can hardly back out now. So we go ahead.

Great flight.

But I have still been screwed. I have my contemporaneous record of the price agreed with Joanne, and it says including surcharge. I'm sure this wasn't bait and switch, but the effect has been the same. The flight experience was fantastic, but the rest of my dealings with your company have left a bitter taste.

I have spent 45 minutes on the telephone, 30 minutes at the airport and now 45 minutes at the computer giving you the chance to do the right thing. Please sort it now or I will dispute the charge with my credit card company. Given my records I think I have a good case.

In frustration

Duncan McGregor

No comments: