What?

My original complaint is here.


Saturday, April 14, 2007

Why has Becky not helped?

From: duncan@example.com
Subject: Re: Complaint - Order confirmation #296055
Date: 14 April 2007 13:45:38 BDT
To: becky@Papillon.com
Cc: john@Papillon.com

Dear Ms Wirth

Finally a reply. Still better 7 days and 2 reminders late than never, thank you.

Reading your email, firstly my treatment at your check-in desk, poor as it was, is a bit of a red-herring. I can't remember the girls name, but a man and a woman claiming to be managers were involved in trying to find her. Perhaps they can help you.

As for the rest of your mail, I'm afraid that after all this time you fail to address the salient points of my complaint.

1. That your web site accepted a reservation for an Imperial Air Tour that you then chose not to honour, despite my party filling a helicopter, so that you could have run the tour at only the cost of turning away some people who had not yet booked flights.

2. That Joanne confirmed that the price of $584 included the surcharge. I specifically asked if it did "include the fuel surcharge", and she said "yes". Later I read back my notes, saying $584 all up including surcharge, and she said yes. Attached is my note of our conversation, made in the Best Western as we were talking.

3. That whether or not your company's calculations were correct, to fail to honour the agreement we had, especially after failing to honour my initial booking, is reprehensible.

This email is my affidavit that Joanne twice confirmed that the price of $584 included the surcharge. If Joanne is prepared to sign a statement saying that she did not say that the price included the surcharge then please forward it to me (a PDF or JPEG or TIFF scan will be acceptable). Otherwise I suggest that you have no case, and common decency should lead you to honour our agreement.

So it comes down to a simple question. Are you

a. Denying that Joanne said that the price quoted included the surcharge, and accusing me of lying;
b. Accepting my account and refusing to honour our agreement; or
c. Going to do the honourable thing and refund the money.

Yours sincerely

Duncan McGregor

No comments: